The process of finding a contractor is very challenging. But it’s only the first step. The real deal begins with working with a contractor. It’s important to establish a firm relationship with a contractor as homeowners put all their trust in the contractor they hire. That’s why it’s important that your requests are met regarding the time and budget. We at Disaster Services Flood, Water & Mold Removal Services are here to help you with your property damage repair or remodeling by providing the best contractors in San Tan Valley, AZ.
Contents on this page:
– Estimate The Expenditure In San Tan Valley, AZ
– Ask About Subcontractors
– Set-up A Timeline For Working With A Contractor
– Establish A Good Communication With Your Contractor
– Keep A Journal About Your Project
– Check Out The Work Regularly
– Be A Good Customer While Working With A Contractor In San Tan Valley, AZ
– Final Thought
Here are some tips for working with a contractor and maintaining strong communication with them in San Tan Valley, AZ.
Estimate The Expenditure In San Tan Valley, AZ
When you are remodeling your home you tend to make hundreds of choices. From countertop material to plumbing fixtures brand, it’s best to get an itemized quote on your selected materials. That’s why at Disaster Services Flood, Water & Mold Removal Services we always provide a free quote so you can have a sound estimate to work with.
Ask About Subcontractors
Before choosing a contractor, ask them if they use subcontractors. They usually are licensed professionals who perform specific jobs like plumbing, drywall or electrical installation, etc. That’s why it’s important to make sure their license and insurances are up-to-date too.
Set-up A Timeline For Working With A Contractor
Both you and your contractor need a project timeline that records specific events and the deadlines to complete a certain portion of the work. Make sure you and your contractor both check it regularly and maintain it.
Establish A Good Communication With Your Contractor
You need a contractor who keeps you updated about the work progress regularly. You can meet in person at the construction site or you can communicate through calls, email, or texts.
Keep A Journal About Your Project
A journal helps to keep the communication clear and the records of who said what and when. This way you can iron out disputes later. Use your journal to:
- Keep a record of progress.
- Write down ideas.
- Questions you want to ask your contractor.
- Product’s order number.
- Note down upcoming delivery dates.
Check Out The Work Regularly
While working with a contractor you should be active about checking his work. It’s a good time to check when the crew has left. Make notes in your journal of any ideas or changes you want so you can tell the contractor later. When checking out the work, you should pay attention to:
- Model numbers of appliances and fixtures according to your receipts. Thus you can ensure that the right product is delivered.
- The locations of doors, windows, closets against the blueprints.
- Quality issues since you are the client. You have the right to expect good work when you’re working with a contractor.
Be A Good Customer While Working With A Contractor In San Tan Valley, AZ
One of the best ways to get quality full work is to make sure your contractor and construction crew are enjoying working with you. Being friendly and complimenting the works is a great way to motivate them so they can do their best for you. Try these out:
- Designate a bathroom for them to use.
- Ensure safe drinking water for them.
- Serve them cold lemonade on hot days.
- Greet them every morning.
- Compliment their work and acknowledge their hard works.
We – Disaster Services Flood, Water & Mold Removal Services – are here for you 24/7. Whether you have any questions, problems about your house repairing or remodeling, don’t hesitate to contact us at Disaster Services Flood, Water & Mold Removal Services or call at (480) 269-7003. Visit us at our office in San Tan Valley AZ, and get your free damage assessment quote today!